Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HP ETC

Just off the plane from Portland, Raph and Mere came up to HP to get in some baby time, a solid workout at the HP track, and some tastilicious Greek food from Pithari.

The workout was handed down from Ironside via Trey (a concept that still bothers me since I'm pretty sure Trey never followed any of the track plans I used to send out for Pike [meow!]). All whining aside, it was a pretty solid speed workout and it was fun to get the legs going a bit pre-Chesapeake. I also find it amusing that I had just told a friend earlier that day that I don't do track workouts any more since I've found I get more out of Crossfit-style circuit training.

Anyway, the workout was as follows:

Warm-up:
2 laps of jog 100, stride 100
Active Stretching
Workout Proper:
1 x 4 reps Quick Agility Drill (sprint 5m, side-shuffle 5m, back pedal 5m, side-shuffle 5m, sprint 10m): 15 secs rest between reps
3 minutes break

1 x 4 reps of 100 m: 60 secs rest between reps
3 minutes break

2 x 6 reps of 70 m: 30 secs rest between reps; 3 min between sets
5 minute break

3 x 5 reps of 25 m: 15 secs rest between reps; 45 secs between sets
3 minute break

2 x 6 reps of 70 m: 30 secs rest between reps; 3 min between sets
3 minute break

1 x 4 reps of 100 m: 60 secs rest between reps

4 comments:

Amy said...

um... also trey was doing and emailing about 200/400 workouts around this time last year. which was a concept that bothered me since i'm pretty sure neither pike nor loose cannon were interested in featuring 50-60yd in-and-out cuts in their offense(s). seems to work for amp though, good for them.

b-lo said...

Does it also bother you Trey now gets lay out Ds in the finals of ECC against Revolver? I'm happy for him and all, but WTF?

http://www.pbase.com/elsinger/image/116175070

http://www.pbase.com/elsinger/image/116175071

-89 said...

No way. He clearly must've tripped over something.

Ryan Todd said...

Truth - it was a pretty nice layout D. However this is where the disc went:

http://hughcareyphotos.com/Ultimate/Emerald-City-Classic-2009/Sunday/9331438_6eaTd#624054992_g9aac

I can't remember if we scored that point or not (I think we did), but he left the field afterwards screaming at himself -" CATCH YOUR D'S DAMMIT!!!!"

As for the difference between last years' Ironside workouts and this years, a different group of guys (myself included) took over planning and sending out the team's track workouts this year.