Sunday, June 17, 2012

Basswood Pond

After a day of weekend of working on the house, we packed up the kids and headed to Basswood Pond to meet up with Jesse, Jessica, and family for a Fathers' Day BBQ.  After splashing with the kids in the water for a while, Jesse grabbed his canoe and I my kayak, and we paddled out on the pond to do some fly fishing.  This was must first time using the old Pfleuger Medalist I found at the house, aside from some practicing in the back yard.

While definitely fun, it was pretty tricky trying to cast while sitting very low to the water.  Not to mention that the wind blew the line around and the kayak as well.  I eventually found a pocket on the pond that was relatively protected from the wind and was able to cast much better.  I had no idea what I was doing, and didn't catch anything, but it was still fun.

After tooling around for a while, I went ashore, picked up Jamie, and ferried her around the pond as well.  I think I'm in trouble.  All she ever wants to do is "Go Faster!"

No comments: