Monday, August 30, 2010

Trail Running

Today was my first real taste of the Catskills and the beauty that surrounds Oneonta. After my first solo flight on the job at AO Fox Hospital, I headed out to Robert V. Riddell Park to try myhand at trail running. It was awesome.

The park was beautiful, the air was fresh, and it was great to simply run with no real goal in mind. I didn't know the length of the trail or even where it went, so I set out having decided to take only right hand branches at any intersections, and with a vague idea of turning around and retracing my steps after 15-20 minutes. As it turns out, I made it around the trail and back to my starting point in 16 minutes so, I turned around and ran back around the other direction.

The scenery was amazing. Fresh air, clean streams, fields of wildflowers, pine shaded glades. I even spotted a fawn crossing a creek. After a 32 minute run, I walked 10 minutes or so back to the creek and sat for a while and watched the water go by. It was a beautiful little bit of peace in what's already a crazy week, and it's only Monday.

2 comments:

b-lo said...

The fresh air must be doing something to your brain because the NJ J would never jog for 32 minutes.

Dustin Kreidler said...

That sounds WAAAY more awesome than pumping iron in the f'ing basement! :S

Remember, Jackson Hole some day this week. I presume NOT the same day as Lex Luthor's steakhouse, right? ;)