Saturday, November 6, 2010

PADA Mosh, Day 1

Johnny Handblock took the fields one more time, sporting a MCUDL only look this year. We rolled through Saturday with no one scoring more than 3 on us. It felt good to get out and run again and to scrape some of the rust off.

My favorite point of the weekend was my first point on the field. The pull got bricked, I lined up on the backhand center position in a ho stack. The disc gets checked in and I make a jab step deep and spin around underneath. My defender yells "Spin move! You really tried a spin move on me? That never works!" and his sideline erupts in taunting and heckles. They continued to heckle and harass and chant "Spin move! Spin move!" well after I planted, ran deep, caught the goal uncontested by 28 yards on a 30 yard cut, put the disc down and walked to the sideline. Yep, spin moves never work. They're way too obvious. Let that be a lesson to all you kids at home.

1 comment:

dusty.rhodes said...

The high released* flick never works either. Just a trick throw.

Add to list of "things that should never work in ultimate:

- The "Jude-cut" in the endzone.
- The "outside-in to the inside-out side."
- Paul Batten & Nic Darling.

Any others spring immediately to mind?

*- This is different than the "high release" flick. Which I assume was thought up while, well, high. Just throw your regular flick, regular arm motion, just alter the plane along which that arm motion is executed.