Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ping Pong

There were only 3 of us out tonight, which was great or me. We ended up spending a good hour and a half just doing drills which meant I got to woodshed my form and footwork. Man, the learning curve is steep when you jump in way over your head!

On the plus side, my conditioning is way out of their league even as their skill level is way out of mine. After an hour and a half of drilling, I'm about warmed up, ready to take my Pike R1 off. They're all sweating and tired. Someday, this will pay off. Right now, I'm still too far behind in skill to win any games. That said, I did take a few games to 11-9, although they still take it easy on me.

1 comment:

dusty.rhodes said...

apparently, Baldwin is a beast at ping pong.

Also, when Amy and I visit, we will have to play. It sounds like you'll kick my ass if I take to long to get there, so it'll have to be soon...