Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dance! Dance! Revolting!

Wait... that's not quite right.

Anyway, I got an XBox 360 for X-mas and with it came Dance! Dance! Revolution! and with DDR comes 'Workout Mode' which allows you to enter your weight and then tracks your Calories burned per song. Now this is the kind of shit that really plays on my addictive personality! It the game can be believed (which I doubt), you generally burn around 20 Calories per song on Basic and around 25 on difficult. I didn't track total songs played or Calories burned, but Mel and I played for an hour and half last night and an hour tonight and I definitely worked up a bit of sweat. It's no track workout, but it's pretty kick-ass at the balance and agility so I'm putting it in the log.

For good measure, I also threw in 60 "L" Dips and 50 Swiss ball crunches as well as my nightly 50 push-ups. Tomorrow, it's back to the gym after a week of Christmas revelry. While I didn't overdo it at the dinner table, I certainly ate more/worse than normal.

No comments: