Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dog Day...

I'm not sure what hit me, but something got me good. I spent the last 36 hours lying in bed shivering and trying not to vomit. Not fun at all. My grand total food intake for a day and a half was a half packet of saltine crackers and a bowl of Lipton noodle soup. Maybe I should market this as the next dietary trend.

Anyway, by Thursday night I was starting to feel marginally human again and needed to get out of the house. Since the weather was so beautiful, Mel and I decided to go for a walk into town and grab a bite to eat to celebrate my first meal in two days. All told the walk was in the neighborhood of 3.5-4 miles and I felt like absolute crap by the end. However, I did managed to choke down (and keep down!!) half of a chicken parm sub. Probably not the best choice for a first meal, but it was the only thing that didn't trigger my BLARGHH! reflex.

And now, I can look forward to the second half for Friday's lunch!

No comments: