Monday, April 13, 2009

Sick Run

I'm still recovering from whatever sidelined me last week, but after a morning spent cleaning out the basement, I felt good enough to get out and enjoy the weather. To test out the ole muscles, I opted to run over to the newly refurbished Highland Park track and scope things out. They've a beautiful new turf field and they've refinished the old track (maybe with spray-on track surface??) but they've yet to line the thing, so when I say '200s', I mean that I eyed it and ran from the endzone line on one end, to the endzone line on the other.

8:56 Run

Active Stretching

6 x 200s w/ 1:30 rest between each
:32
:31
:32
:32
:34
:31

4:00 walk

2:00 run

:30 quad cramp (sigh)

2:00 walk

5:33 run


I certainly wasn't at my best for this workout, but somehow that makes it more satisfying. I spent the whole thing battling sinus pressure, an iffy stomach, and a head full of doubts ("Why am I doing this? Just go home and watch some TV!"), but I did it. I often wonder if these workouts are better for me than the ones where I feel great and kick ass. It doesn't matter to anyone but me, but it does matter.

No comments: