Tuesday, June 16, 2009

MCUDL A League

I managed to make it to the Mercer fields in record time (2:15:00, ugh), giving me plenty of time to be bored, get changed, get in a great warm-up, throw a bunch (something I definitely needed) cool-off, re-warm up again, and throw even more (still something I needed) before game time.

In a re-match of the last 2 finals, Big Stick faced off against Roots of Rhythm. Unfortunately, neither team was at full strength tonight, but I think Roots was lacking a few more key players then we were (IE - 2/3 of the Saul clan). Even so, Stick was hungry for revenge and we came out strong early on in the game and were able to built a comfortable lead by half-time by capitalizing on some uncharacteristic mistakes by RoR.

In the second half, Roots picked up the intensity and physicality of the game but it was too little too late and we held them off to take the game 15-9. I'm definitely looking forward to a full-strength re-match down the road.

Post game workout: Hoagie Haven, Princeton Sushi, Halo Pub. DAMN, Son!

No comments: