Saturday, September 8, 2012

Knee Time

Some time on Saturday of Chesapeake, I apparently did something not-so-great to my right knee.  I had Mary Ellen check it out and her diagnosis was a mild bruise, sprain or strain to the inside of my knee where the MCL and hamstrings tie in and she advised I stay off it for a couple of weeks.  Grrr...

So, with the exception of 3 straight days of moving, and the hauling of stuff that moving entails, I did my best to let things heal up a bit.  I did a lot of stretching, movement exercises, and some body-weight work, but not much else for two weeks.  It was hard to sit out like that, especially after Chesapeake.

I felt like I did a good job building up a strong base leading into Chesapeake and that the tournament itself was a boost to my fitness, so to sit around and watch that atrophy sucked.  So instead of getting fast and agile for Sectionals, my goal changed to getting healthy.

No comments: