Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pike Scrimmage

Today marked the first (official?) Pike tryout event of the season. Basically, interested parties were invited to a morning of (organized?) pick-up down at the Edgely Ballfields in the greater Philly area. We got in a solid 3 hours of ultimate (I went 2-2 on the day) in warm, but somewhat rainy, conditions. Much fun was had by all and I was definitely encouraged by the level play throughout. Our returners seem to have returned with a lot more confidence and maturity while some of the new faces out there have the potential to make some big, positive contributions to the team. Suddenly, this UPA mandated roster limit is becoming interesting!

Post scrimmage, the _real_ tryouts began: 3 v 3 mini-disc mini-box. A test of skill, determination, and brute strength. I don't recall if I went 2-2 or 3-1 but it was definitely a lot of fun.

Post mini-disc mini-box, a few souls hung out at the Havok/Fiasco scrimmage and I managed to work in a lot of controlled throwing (something I evidently should've done _before_ this morning's scrimmage but oh well).

No comments: