Wednesday, April 2, 2008

21-15-9 (DB snatch & Pull-ups), Single Leg Squats, RTs

Warm-up:
7:00 Elliptical Machine @ level 5
Active Stretching

I'm not sure of the comparative merits of the elliptical, but it's certainly a different motion than running. One thing that I like about it is that because your stride length remains constant, in order to speed up, you must increase stride frequency. Typically, my stride length is very good, but my turn-over is a bit slow. Just one more thing to keep the body guessing.

21-15-9 for time:
Right Dumbbell Snatch @ 20lbs
Left Dumbbell Snatch @ 20lbs
Kipping Pull-ups
Total Time: 11:15

Glute-ham sit-ups (demo):
x 10

I improvised the set-up since I didn't have the proper equipment. My hack-job didn't really work so I aborted this exercise after only 10 reps.

Single-Leg Squat Work:
5 x Single-Leg Squats per leg
15 x Bulgarian Split-Squats per leg
15 x Step-ups per leg

Tabata Russian Twists:
23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 21, 19, 19

No comments: