Friday, April 18, 2008

Light Run

Yesterday, I missed a workout day for the first time since I've been keeping this log. For shame!! Between covering for two people at work and adopting two new cats, time just got away from me. It won't throw my schedule off though, as this was to be a light week leading up to Henlopen. In fact, it might even be better since it allowed my body some extra rest, especially since I'm never very good at doing 'light' workouts.

It's amazing how you can get addicted to working out. I woke up this morning, (got myself a gun), and was craving activity. I didn't want a true workout the day before a tournament so I ran a quick fartlek to loosen the joints and get the blood flowing.

Did I mention my school was off today 'cause the Pope's in town? Hey! It'sa the Pope-a!! He'sa such a nice-a guy!

Light Run:
3:00 run at medium pace
12:00 Fartlek run (8 x 1:00 hard, :30 easy)
1:30 run at medium pace

Now, it's time for a drink and some raw almonds and dried cranberries. Then, I'll head upstairs to sand the spackle off the ceiling. Does that count as a shoulder workout?

2 comments:

dusty.rhodes said...

you're drinking that early in the morning?

-89 said...

I find a nice tawny port goes nicely with raw almonds and dried cranberries, don't you?