Sunday, May 2, 2010

Curb Appeal & Hill Sprints

I put in another full day of working on the house. The backyard got a second pass with the rotor-tiller, then raked, then seeded, then raked again, then spread with sphagnum moss (locks in the moisture, who knew?), then watered. Right now, all that back breaking work has resulted in the most beautiful .25 acre of mud you've ever seen.

Next up, the front yard got similar treatment, but to a far lesser extent. Dug up a few bare spots with smaller tiller, then laid down a bunch of new top soil, fertilizer, lime, and seed. Same deal with the raking and the watering and the mud. I'm going to be pissed if I don't see any grass.

I also spread mulch around all the foundation bushes, dug a hole to drop in a new planter/old chiminea, did my best to clean up after myself, and just before dark, Mary Ellen, Jamie and I went out to run some hill sprints:

5:22 Run
10 x Hill Sprints, pushing stroller
1 x Hill Sprint, sans stroller
some swing time at the park for Jamie
2:00 Run home

No comments: