Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Toothsome Twenty?

What? I didn't to 50 reps, so I couldn't really call it Filthy, now could I?

With 3 days before Terminus and a roster of only10, I went with a very light workout today - just enough to activate all the major muscle groups without taxing anything. Hopefully, that will give my body time to recover from the previous weeks' workouts while keeping my muscles strong and loose for Saturday morning.

Warm-up:
100 x Jumping Jacks
Long Active Stretching Session

Toothsome Twenty for time:
20 Box Jumps w/ 18-inch box
20 Jump Pull-ups
20 Kettleball Swings w/ 16lb ball
20 Lunges per leg (stationary lunges)
20 Knees-to-Elbows
20 Push-Press w/ standard bar
20 Back Extensions
20 Romanian Dead Lift w/ standard bar (replaced Wall Balls to get some more Hammy work)
20 Burpees (w/ a push-up for R-To!)
20 Kangaroo Jumps

Total Time: 7:06.69

Cool-down:
Long Active Stretching Session
Muscle-up Attempts
- I can get my chest over the bar, but not far enough to switch into a dip yet.

Hardest part of this workout was convincing myself to leave the gym. It was basically just a fantastic warm-up and I felt great afterward. I just hope that feeling carries over to Terminus.

No comments: