Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Indefinite suspension

This blog has become pretty sad in recent months and so I think it's beyond time to shut it down.  I originally started it to inspire my teammates and to hold myself accountable to them.  Many of them asked how I trained and this was the easiest way to show them.  And to those few who say that only those lucky few talented individuals excel through no effort of their own, this is my refutation.  Not to say I am or was exceptional in any way, though I did have some small success playing a game that once only mattered to a few.  Who knows?  With the AUDL and ultimate on Sports Center it looks like that's all changing for the better.

At this point, I'm nobody's teammate and I'm accountable only to myself; not to mention that who the hell really wants to read about home remodeling, ping pong, and fishing trips (and perhaps the occasional workout cribbed from Crossfit.com).  And so I am indefinitely suspending my blogging campaign to pursue other interests.

3 comments:

gapoole said...

Not that I'd ask you to keep posting for my benefit, but I'm at least one person that has been reading all these posts. You inspired me when we were teammates and also after you left, when your blog was at least as much a way to stay "in touch" as it was a place to get workout ideas and encouragement. Even the fishing trips and stroller runs were pretty interesting, to hear what life is like after frisbee is no longer a priority. So thanks for being a good teammate, I hope you leave the thing up for posterity, and good luck with all your future endeavors!

Tony said...

Sad to see you go. When I was in college (a year or two ago) I was googling for frisbee workouts and stumbled upon your blog. I've been following workouts since (for ideas and inspiration). I even started my own blog to keep myself accountable for logging workouts. Life moves on! Good luck with everything in the future and thanks for blogging!

Butter said...

Seems you've already reversed your decision, which is awesome. Just wanted to add my thanks for maintaining the blog for so long. It's my go-to for motivation and new ideas. Hope to someday actually complete a workout with the same weight or time you do.