Saturday, February 16, 2008

Agility & New Brunswick Pick-up

1/2 mile run @ ~8mph
active stretching

20:00 agility drills
10:00 throwing

2:00:00 New Brunswick Pick-up
This was a rough day for me. The field was fairly terrible. With half of it soft mud and the other half frozen solid, even running in a straight line was an adventure. I also was not recovered enough from yesterday's workout to do agility drills and then expect to play pick-up. Even so, I got something out of it by attempting throws I normally wouldn't consider. Lots of catching the pulls, throwing hucks, breaking marks (college marks mostly, but I'll take it), and other old lazy handler stuff. I'm not gonna pretend that these throws were all pretty, quite the contrary, but I've been trying to open up my field awareness as a thrower and today was a step in the right direction.

No comments: