Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Check out the Turkish Get-up on that guy!

Warm-up:
5:00 @ 8mph
stretching

Tabatas:
Knees-to-Elbows:
17, 15, 11, 10, 9, 7, 6, 5

The hardest part of this was grip strength. Since I'm using the support beam on our smith machine (think 2x4 made of metal) I can't get a normal pull-up grip which makes this a nasty forearm workout as well.
Wall Balls (done right this time!):
10, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8
Kettlebell Swings @ 16lbs:
9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10
Lunges (1 rep = 1 lunge per leg):
9, 9, 9, 9, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 9


Turkish Get-up (CrossFit demo):
10 reps per arm @ 16lbs

This is a new exercise for me so I did not do this Tabata style (not that it lends itself to that anyway). Started out with a few reps without weight to get my form down, and then did the workout nice and slowly concentrating on perfect form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey J,

Sweet blog - I haven't checked it all out yet but it's sure to give me plenty to think about. On my end, in addition to resistance stuff, I've been doing a ton of cross-training this off-season: playing a bunch of squash, some indoor soccer, and pickup hoops. It's been a great mental break from ultimate, especially since this season's going to get started so early with our trip to Japan in just over a month. I'll try to chime in with some ideas when I have time to read more of your workouts. Nothing like some cross-country motivation!

-89 said...

It definitely came as a surprise, but this workout crushed my adductors. Man, they're sore this morning.

Best guess is that the Turkish Get-ups is what did it, but I'm sure the lunges and wall-balls contributed.

Nice!