Tuesday, July 1, 2008

MCUDL A-League

Big Stick vs Mud Sharks

Apparently my playing offense this past weekend has upset the balance of my ultimate world. How else can you explain the Sharks playing man defense all night long? I was a bit sluggish, footsore, and uninspired tonight, but my teammates were able to pick me up and we took the game 15-7ish.

Afterwards I put in some serious work on my deep throws. My role is not to be the guy who hucks off of a stop disc, it's to be the guy who gets the disc in motion and either hucks it in flow or throws one fake, forcing the marker to over-commit, and then hucks out of a quick pivot. To that end, I focused on hucking out of a pivot and hucking after a catch. Main points: find balance quickly, maintain balance through-out, keep the arm compact and maximize power through legs and hips.

Workout:
a jog
some active stretching
some throwing
1 x summer league game
30:00 throwing

No comments: