Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bathroom Deconstruction and Philly "Pick-up"

I spent the morning removing the toilet and the floor tile in the bathroom, then went to pick-up in Philly, then came home with enough energy/frustration to take down the bathroom ceiling.

Nothing too exciting to report, especially since Philly pick-up was a complete bust. What the hell? I drive 3 hours round-trip and end up bringing 1/4 of the players. We can only field 6's. We only play for an hour. And it's 65 degrees out? In February??!! At least I got in a good half-hour of throwing post "pickup" with Ross, Walt & Joel "the white Randy Moss" Wooten.

It was especially embarrassing to spend the ride down talking up Pike's dedication and show up and find exactly one Pike player in attendance. Hell, not counting me, we had 2 guys from Pike 2005 and only 1 from 2008. I definitely lost some credibility today.

2 comments:

dusty.rhodes said...

sorry-- didn't commute from hawaii. my bad.

This is why Brumfis pickup is always better. No matter the weather, folks come out and play for multiple hours.

I'm still not unconvinced philly is soft in the middle like a jelly donut.

Tim said...

Difference between Brumfis and Philly is that there is nothing regular and consistent on the philly pick up scene and most everyone plays Ultisquash instead. So when someone proposes the idea of playing outdoor pick up people don't get their act together.

I had plans Sunday otherwise I woulda been there. Deal is I guess all us Phillians owe you a drive up to Brumfis. We'll coordinate when we're all back from Paradise.