Saturday, February 28, 2009

Runnin' and Throwin' in NB

I went out to Bucchleuch Park today for some excercise and possibly some disc. Unfortunately, numbers were low today so pick-up didn't happen. The RU contigent was down in the Carolinas for some tourney or other, but I still expected more folks to be out on such a nice day. Oh well, I still got in some solid work, and honestly, I probably got more out of it from a training perspective than I would have had pick-up actually happened.

I started things off with a run around the outer loop of the park. I stopped a little ways in to bang out three consecutive muscle-ups on the pull-up bars along the path and then continued on. I then ran 5 hill sprints, walking backwards downhill to the bottom for each rep, and finished up with a short run back to the cars. From there, I went into my active stretching routine, cleated up, and spent an hour and a half throwing with Dusty and Walt.

A lot of touches in the moderate wind was exactly what I needed after several weeks of indoor ultimate and should serve me well at next week's savage tournament in the Canary Islands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who do I have to sleep with to get an update around here?

-89 said...

Just got back from a week of hanging out and playing ultimate in Europe. As soon as I get caught up at work, I'll be putting some updates up here as well.

One quick thought: playing a savage combo beach/grass tournament in the Canary Islands is perhaps the best way to train for ultimate EVER.