Thursday, February 19, 2009

Winter League

Lots of PT tonight as we had only 2 subs. Despite low numbers and going 3-2 all night with our opponents not once matching gender (and rarely even going 4-1 though I think they only had one woman), we managed to keep the game close only to fall by one point at the end. That in itself is a bit dubious. I think the time/score keeper was having some trouble or felt sorry for us because I'm pretty sure we lost by 4 or 5 points at least. Little do they know, we purposely threw the game so that we would come in 4th and secure a 9:30pm start next week. FOOLS!!

As for me, I was pleased that I was able to keep focused and run my ass off given that the game started 15.5 hours after I woke up this morning. My biggest disappointment was that my aerial game was pretty weak tonight. I did a good job of positioning my self aggressively and I made the first play on nearly every disc. Only problem is that about 50% of the time, I came up a half-inch short and had the disc skim off the tips of my fingers. Curse these short arms! It was very confusing for me since each time I went up for the disc I was perfectly confident that I was going to catch it.

PS - Big shout-out to the stud who took my pregnant wife deep on the last point of the game and taunted her before catching the goal. You must be so proud! Still, it doesn't make up for the countless times she broke your mark and worked you over on handler cuts.

4 comments:

gapoole said...

Ouch. I'm glad I wouldn't do anything deserving of that kind of shout-out.

Smellis said...

pregnant?
Congrats!!!

Ariel Jackson said...

A future mini-Dono, that's awesome. Congrats!

Amy said...

what an asshole.
go mom-mellen!