Friday, March 4, 2011

Back Squats & Handstand Walk

Warm-up:
4:00 Jumping Rope
Active Stretching

CFWoD for 3/4/11:
5 rounds for time of:
20 x Back Squat, 135lbs
20 yd Hand-stand walk
Total time: 25:30

I definitely could have shaved a lot of time off this if I A. had ever attempted a handstand walk before today and B. wasn't splitting time on the squat rack with Josh, my new partner in crime. Then again, I never would have even attempted that HS walk without Josh's enthusiasm so I definitely came out ahead on this one. By the fifth round I managed to HS walk a good 7 or 8 yards at a clip. The trick was getting comfortable enough with the balance to overcome the innate fear of falling over backwards and breaking my ass bone. Best part about doing ridiculous Crossfit workouts in a swanky gym is freaking out all the "normal" people doing their comfy workouts.

No comments: