Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ping Pong

I started the evening off with an active warm-up of pick-axing the 2 inches of ice on our driveway. It's amazing how quickly that will turn your forearms into quivering Jell-o. Despite that, I actually played very well tonight as I was finally able to string together some consistent ground-strokes.

Laugh if you will, but I attribute this largely to playing some table tennis on Kinect Sports on the XBox 360 Kinect. The motion tracking cameras do a pretty good job and it helps to be able to watch your form as represented by your on-screen avatar. Basically, I got to work on my form with instant video feedback and it really helped. The only downside is that the physics doesn't really allow you to work the serve or return of serve since spin is not nearly as effective as it is in real life.

No comments: