Friday, August 3, 2012

Cooperstown Pick-up & Accelerators

It was a beautiful night for pick-up so I packed up the family, dragged my mom-in-law along for babysitting support, and headed north.  The quality was the best I've seen so far with a few decent college players in town so I got some decent running in, a lot of practice breaking straight-up marks, and got plenty of reps skying for floaty, ill-advised deep shots.  As I said, quality was up, but it's still pick-up where nobody wears cleats and only a few even wear shoes.  Even so, it's a great crew and it's always fun.

After a round robin of 4 teams of 5 (my team won. w00t!) I begged out of the final game in (they broke up the teams and put together 2 teams for one last free-for-all) to head over to the track.  At this point, it was way past Jamie's bed time so I had to make it quick and since my calves were cramping a little, I opted out of my planned 400s and ran 4 x 100m accelerators - accelerating smoothly for 50m then sprinting the final 50m.  It felt good to open it up a bit and to work out some of the soreness from yesterday's F50 (my abs are not happy with me!).

No comments: