Thursday, August 2, 2012

Filthy Fifty

Warm-up:
Running, 2 laps around FCC (5:50)
Active Stretching

Filthy Fifty:
50 x Box Jumps
50 x Jump Pull-ups
50 x KB Swings, 20 lbs
50 x Walking Lunge
50 x Knees-to-Elbows
50 x Push Press, 45 lbs
50 x Back Extensions
50 x Squat to Med-ball toss
50 x Burpees
50 x Double-unders
Total Time: 31:24

5:00 Exercise Bike

I didn't have a whole lot of time so my original plan was to just head to the gym, do some running, do 100 Burpees, ride the bike for a bit, then get the hell out of there.  Then I saw Crossfit's WoD and took it as a sign.  This was definitely not my fastest time, but I did everything as Rx'd but for the Wall Balls.  The K2E's slowed me down a lot as I maintained a 90 degree elbow bend for each one and did not let my feet hit the floor (something I used to do in the past).  By the time I hit the burpees, I was pretty spent so they took up another large chunk of time, but I did fairly well (for me) on the double-unders, esp. considering I used to sub these out for Tuck Jumps since I couldn't do them not too long ago.  I'm not sure if the fact that everything was spread out around the gym helped me or hurt me.  It certainly took extra time to move from one thing to the next, but that gave me some extra rest time as well.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Two things:

(1) Did you notice the demo video from Rock Creek Crossfit for this workout? Thats the gym Tina and I have been going to!

(2) Club series for ultimate? What region? Is there a chance I will have to play _against_ you for the first time ever this year?

-89 said...

I'll have to check out the demo, that's quite the odd coincidence. As for the club series, it's not definite yet but I figure the window to get into shape is pretty small so I need to make moves now just in case. At this point, I have the possibility of a tryout at Chesapeake with either The Ghosts or with Sean Murray's squad. Hopefully, I'll know more in the next few days.