Monday, September 15, 2008

Recovery Workout

Despite cramping up like a - something that cramps too easily - yesterday, my body felt mostly fine today. A little muscle soreness here and there, but nothing too big. That, combined with the fact that I drank 4 glasses of water, a fountain Coke, and a Smithwicks at dinner last night and didn't end up peeing until 10pm or so tells me that I need to be better at hydration and at eating during the day if I'm going to be able to play at the level at which I need to play. Talk about stupid mistakes hurting your team - And I know better!

Enough self-pity... 2 weeks of hard work left before Regionals starts today and so I hit the gym for a low impact recovery workout. I find this sort of thing loosens me up and will hopefully get me ready for a real workout tomorrow.

Recovery Workout:
10:00 Elliptical Machine (115 Calories)

10:00 Excercise Bike (90 Calories)

Treadmill: 1 mile @ 8.5 mph (plus some walking to bring it to an even 140 Calories)

10:00 Rowing Machine (115 Calories)

(NB - I'm not overly concerned about Calories burned, but I find keeping track provides me with a measuring stick for how hard I am working over the different exercises.)

No comments: