Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sectionals, Day 2

After a day spent getting my shit back together, I felt pretty good on the field. We started the day off with a good win over Pittsburgh BURGH in the semis and then watched Pittsburgh Forge battle OLD SAG in the other semis. Forge came out on top by a few breaks and so we geared up to face them in the finals.

It was a close fought game. Our O faltered in the first half giving up a couple of breaks in a row before getting it back together. In the second half we re-captured a break before giving it back and then went on a run at 13-10 to tie the game. After that, the intensity picked up on both sides and, despite some great D by both teams, Offense prevailed down the stretch and we traded out until Forge finally took the game at DGP after both teams had multiple chances to win. 17-16 Forge.

I played fairly well in this game, but must've screwed up my nutrition or something because I ended up cramping up horribly towards the end of the game and couldn't even play the last few points. My pride took a real hit from that. Not being able to get on the field towards the end was painful and I really feel I let the team down.

After the tough loss, we faced off against OLD SAG in a bit of a lack-luster 2-3 game. SAG took half 8-7 before we picked it up. I think we ended up winning 15-10 or so.

No comments: