Sunday, October 5, 2008

Regionals, Day 2

Sunday morning saw us facing off against Pittsburgh's Forge at 9AM. Unfortunately, our O once again faltered early and often. Despite several breaks by the D team, we just couldn't put the disc in the end zone consistently and fell to a fired up Forge team despite a late run in the second half.

And so ends Pike 2008.

Despite our rather lackluster performance, I'm still proud of the team and of my decision to stick with it. We have a lot of young talent and the potential to really make something great out of it. I'm not going to lie, watching some of my ex-teammates qualify for Nationals with other teams is very hard, but the choices that were right for them just wouldn't have been right for me. In the end, I'd rather lose with my team that win with somebody else's.

2 comments:

gapoole said...

Team first.

Amy said...

J Dono, you're my hero. Thank you for that last line.