Friday, April 2, 2010

Baby Joggin'

More nice weather meant a leisurely run into town to do some shopping and enjoy Spring. Since deciding how to re-learn my running form, I've been trying to take it slow to build up the new muscles. It's tough going since I really want to push myself and get a great overall workout, but I don't want to be stupid and injure anything by doing too much too soon. At any rate, the whole trip took a little over an hour. Maybe 30-40 minutes of that were spent running, topped off with a solid final 3/4 mile run where I kicked up the speed and raced home.


2 comments:

Smellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-89 said...

Sounds like we're on similar paths. I'm also transitioning to fore/midfoot strikes. Specifically, I'm working on the Pose method. Sounds like maybe you also read "Born to Run"? PS - just picked up a pair of Adidas Adizero Aces myself. They don't have the separate toes, but they're basically a sock with a sole. Very comfy.