Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MCUDL A-League

Big Stick vs. Illuminati:

This fun match-up was a little watered down this time around as neither team had their full roster, but a good time was had nonetheless. We went up early, then lost half 7-8, then came out strong in the second half to build a lead and keep it. The first half was tough for me since A. I wasn't properly warmed up and B. I forgot my cleats and was wearing MJ's which were a size small (OUCH!). I played fairly well, but had a few poorly executed hucks and at least 1 terrible decision to even throw the huck. Second half was much better as B-Lo arrived with a pair of cleats that actually fit. Finally warmed up, I ran more strongly and got some confidence behind my throws.

Basically, my goal for this season is to be a threat both ways. For me, this mostly means coming under to get the disc more often and then beating teams by hitting the open man, no matter where he is on the field. Too often in the past, I've been content to simply cut deep and let others throw it to me. That's great and all, but doesn't help me develop as a player. Summer league is the perfect place to experiment and improve.

Workout:
Warm-up & 15 minutes throwing
Big Stick vs. Illuminati: 15-12
20 minutes throwing

No comments: