Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Speed Workout

The Highland Park track is closed for construction so I headed over to the neighborhood ballfield to run some sprints on its crushed stone warning track. Alas, some damn local team was using my spot for baseball of all things. As a last resort, I found a straight flat stretch of road and, using 2 telephone poles and a fire hydrant, paced out my sprint distances.

The mothers in the park had no idea what to make of me and I seemed to have caught the interest of an Edison police officer who circled the block twice before parking his cruiser at my finish line to better observe the proceedings. It's nice to have an audience! Makes me work harder. It also makes me wonder if perhaps I should shave off this scruff on my face. Eh ...

Workout:
8:25 run
Active Stretching and Plyos

3 x 90 yard accelerators (accelerate at an even pace for 50 yards, then maintain for 40)
3 x 90 yard sprint
3 x 50 yard sprint
3 x 25 yard spring

3:40 run

No comments: