Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MCUDL A-League

Big Stick vs. Roots: 16-17

In a re-match of last season's finals, Big Stick faced off against Roots in what has become a great MCUDL rivalry. After leading the majority of the game, we faltered towards the end and Roots was able to grab the lead and the game after running off two straight in the dark.

This was a fun game for me as I kept drawing the speedy Beaches while on O and definitely had to work to get open. He seemed hell bent on not letting me go deep which helped me out in my quest at becoming a throwing threat by giving me good looks underneath. It also didn't hurt that the throwing gods were smiling on me tonight as I threw a bunch of hucks throughout the game and all were completed (including a lofty hammer to Officer K. and partially hand-blocked backhand to Spanish). Man, throwing is fun ... almost as much fun as catching goals.

The legs n' lungs felt great too, even after a weekend at P-days. I think I played all but two points tonight and was able to run hard throughout. I wouldn't want to play a whole tourney like that, but one game ain't no thing.

Workout:
~ 5:00 run w/ some plyos thrown in
Active Stretching
~15:00 throwing

No comments: