Monday, January 26, 2009

Bathroom Deconstruction

I ended up taking a personal day to recover from Vegas and the dread Red Eye. That enabled me to catch up on some sleep and provided me with some time at home to start the next big home improvement project: re-doing our downstairs bathroom.

On went the safety goggles and the work gloves and off came the shower doors, tiles, wallboard, ...
After a couple of hours, I had 4 full trash cans of rubble along with assorted other larger items out on the curb waiting for trash pickup. Sad thing is, I barely demo'd one wall. 3 more, plus the floor and ceiling to go.

I really wish the previous home-owners had any clue and hadn't simply layered walls on top of old walls on top of old walls when they decided to redo things. Funniest thing I uncovered: the old window in the shower, complete with screen and turn-crank to open the window. They had boarded it up and tiled right over the whole thing.

No comments: