Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter League

Still fun, but the ultimate was decidedly sub-par tonight. Best I can tell, our team strategy is to look off open people, find the most covered player on the field, and try to throw the disc through the chests of any defenders who happen to be in the way. Any other strategy, and the game is too easy. Where's the fun in that?

50 minutes of 5 v 5 with 7 subs didn't amount to much of a workout, but I think I managed to work up a bit of sweat by the end. Worst part of the night was getting tripped from behind on a deep throw (I had given up after being looked off on at least 3 wide open cuts, when the "huck" went up. I'm not even sure it was to me, or to anyone for that matter. Mostly, we were all confused since it didn't hit any defenders in the chest. ). I popped up quickly, but not before losing all the skin on both knees. Goddammit! Can't you see I have no interest in diving on concrete and getting rug burns? I save that sort of crap for the more prestigious completely unimportant tournaments, not winter league! Hmm... maybe I'm getting snobbish in my old age.

1 comment:

gapoole said...

Either way, it was pretty funny to watch you get tripped up from the sideline. It was a crowd-pleaser for sure.

Hopefully the Vegas fields will be a little better than the Soccer Palace's faux-grass, but honestly I wouldn't count on it. It gets pretty dry out there...